Damage caused by water is the most common in homes. Avoiding the formation of obstructions, humidity, and water losses are the key to avoiding major complications such as flooding in our home or that of our neighbors.
To this effect, in this article, we will give you ten basic prevention tips:
- Avoid Blockages In Drains And Sinks
- Clear the drains when there is an obstruction.
- Protect the sinks of the sink, bathtub, or shower and sink with filters.
- Do not use the toilet as a wastebasket.
- Avoid Humidity
- Periodically check the tiling joints and apply silicone if necessary.
- Keep the bathroom ventilated by opening the windows or installing ventilation systems to avoid condensation.
- Avoid Water Losses
- If a tap leaks, fix it as soon as possible. Suppose you don’t know how do not hesitate to call a plumber.
- Periodically monitor that the cistern does not lose water.
- Do not use abrasives for cleaning: they can damage the pipes and cause them to break. In the event of a water leak, remember that an emergency repair contractor solves the emergencies in your home.
- As A General Rule
- Close the general stopcock whenever there is a fault, or you are absent for a long period.
- Do not leave the washing machine or dishwasher running when you are not present.
What Do Insurance Cover In Case Of Water Damage?
If we have not been able to avoid water damage, we must know what our insurance covers aspects.
What Does It Cover?
- Damage caused to other homes as a result of leaks
- Damage caused by leaks in the seals of toilets
- Damage caused by broken or icy pipes. Accidental leaks, traffic jams, etc.
- Damage caused by leaking open taps
- Breakdown repairs
What Does It Not Cover?
- Repair of electrical appliances causing the breakdowns
- Repair of facilities and pipes in poor condition due to lack of maintenance
- Damage caused by rains and other meteorological phenomena